After School Teacher
This position is a part-time After School teaching position. Teachers would support WTEF’s Center for Excellence after school program. The program will serve approximately one hundred 1st-12th grade students, with no more than 10 in each classroom. The work hours are Monday through Friday from 3:45-7pm. Prior teaching experience preferred.
Reports to: Site Coordinator / Program Director
- Provides an attractive, well – kept classroom that encourages creativity.
- Develops lesson plans and activities, instructs students, maintains discipline, and evaluates student’s development for the 21st Century programs, in concert with the Program’s Director.
- Ensure that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with any overview of materials taught in the class.
- Provides the support and guidance necessary to each child and their family to ensure that program elements sponsored by other organizations are introduced smoothly.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance/ necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom.
- Coordinate snack time and bathroom activities.
- Assists in other capacities as determine by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of the Washington Tennis & Education Foundation, and local, state, or national regulatory agencies pertaining to health, safety and care of children.
- Maintain overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines of the Washington Tennis & Education Foundation.
- May provide support to summer program.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Classroom management experience
- Certified Teacher in the areas of math, ELA, social studies, science
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Possess analytical skills and strategic mindset
- Ability to deal with a wide age range of students
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; to twist, bend, reach, stoop, pull, lift, and walk; to sit; and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Purpose: The Development Associate is responsible for
- Managing development communications efforts, including social media strategy;
- Assisting with and supporting fundraising operations within WTEF;
- Supporting WTEF development events; and
- Assisting with managing donor relations through acknowledgements.
- Regular communication to donors, successful management of events, and retention of grants and major gifts acquired by the Grants Manager and/or Director of Development
- Expand donor base and pipeline in coordination with Director of Development
- Donor management and maintenance
- Works with Director of Development to acquire new donors, transitions sporadic donors to monthly donors, and manages a donor database
- Keeps in regular contact with donors throughout the Fiscal Year
- Maintains “thank you” communications and special event outreach to donors in the database
- Development data management
- Responsible for the accurate collection and recording of donor giving post-award
- Manage and troubleshoot DonorPerfect database
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date
- Development communications
- Mail flyers and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers and guests in order to inform them of events and activities
- Provide coordinated social media support for programs and development
- Development administrative duties
- Provides support for grant writing requests and proposals as necessary
- Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events
- Work with executive team and Board to cultivate and execute on new donor sources
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system and additional tasks as assigned
- Provides support to other fundraising efforts and other projects as assigned by supervisor
- Communications duties
- Manage and create social media content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Utilize SproutSocial to schedule and plan social media content
- Curate and edit newsletter and email marketing campaign content
- Create and manage fundraiser landing pages on DonorPerfect
- Schedule newsletters and email marketing campaigns on Constant Contact
- Track performance metrics for social media and newsletter campaigns
- Review copy and content for all communications channels to ensure consistency, grammatical accuracy, and messaging alignment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (military, Associates degree with relevant work history, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to speak effectively on phone / video conference calls in a professional manner
- Administrative experience at an organization of any size (nonprofit organization experience is a plus)
- Database management experience highly preferred
- Experience with non-profit development is a plus
- Experience and comfort with the utilization and management of various social media platforms
- Excellent time management, organization, and delivery skills
- Collaborative and communicative team member
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Go-getter personality, someone who leans into the position and contributes creative ideas in the development space
- Ability to occasionally work outside of the core hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm when supporting events
- Maintain optimal relationships with C-suite executives as needed