Job Title: Senior Tennis Coach
Location: WTEF East Campus
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Tennis
About Washington Tennis and Education Foundation
WTEF’s mission is to build life champions. We give youth a safe environment they trust, and where they can excel. We empower them to achieve their highest potential by developing meaningful values and critical skills that lead them to life-long success. We do this through a pathway of continual academic, life skills, and tennis instruction during after-school and summer camp hours.
- Develop and assist with implementation of a comprehensive Junior Development Pathway for WTEF East Campus.
- Coach all levels and ages (Juniors and Adults).
- Assist and Lead the implementation of all tennis tournaments, team competition and social events, and help initiate and promote tennis activities for the community.
- Lead a clinic, court, Junior Team Tennis program
- Manage a designated staff of coaches and counselors
- Support the fulfillment of USTA tournaments held at WTEF East Campus.
- Understands the use and benefits of programs and activities
- Plugs participants into the right on court levels by assessing player ability
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, training workshops and any club specific meetings when required.
- Coordinate courts and class rosters to ensure all levels of play are grouped together appropriately.
- Coordinate class rosters, make up dates for class participants.
- Assist in socials.
- Participate in and coordinate special camps
- Support the development of new and existing programs
- Acts as a brand ambassador by communicating and demonstrating the value and benefits of our products and services of WTEF
- Maintain court and equipment appearances.
- Work with other department heads to maximize on potential.
- Oversee, promote and engage in administration of program sign-ups.
- Support, promote and enforce all WTEF rules and regulations as a staff member, including wearing proper attire and promoting proper etiquette.
- Keep required stats and records.
- Reflect positively on your staff and WTEF at all times.
- Hold administrative hours that are consistent and approved by Director of Tennis
The Ideal Candidate Possesses The Following Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of coaching experience
- USPTA/USPTR Certification
- Ability to coach 8U, 10U, 12-14U, JTT
- Private, Semi Private and small group teaching experience
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, ability to build relationships and resolve conflicts,
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as other soft-wear programs provided at the Club.
- Must be familiar with the use of email and cell phone use, including texting and apps.
- CPR/AED and First aid certification
Interested candidates should submit their resume to [email protected] Deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2023.