Job Title: Tennis Coach
Location: WTEF East Campus
Supervisor: Director of Tennis
About Washington Tennis and Education Foundation
WTEF’s mission is to build life champions. We give youth a safe environment they trust, and where they can excel. We empower them to achieve their highest potential by developing meaningful values and critical skills that lead them to life-long success. We do this through a pathway of continual academic, life skills, and tennis instruction during after-school and summer camp hours.
- Assist with implementation of a comprehensive Junior Development Pathway for WTEF East Campus.
- Coach all levels and ages (Juniors and Adults).
- Assist the Director of Tennis in the implementation of all tennis tournaments, team competition and tennis social events, and help initiate and promote tennis activities for the community.
- Grow program participation
- Assist in running special events
- Self-produce and execute private and semi-private lessons
- Follow provided curriculum as well as produce lessons plans
- Evaluate players for movement along the WTEF pathway
- Establish good communication with students
- Assist with USTA junior and adult tournaments
- Actively promote community tennis programs and lessons
- Motivate students by providing encouragement and positive feedback
- Provide great experiences by caring and connecting with students
- Ensure equipment set-up and take down.
- Display an energetic and outgoing personality, a genuine love for tennis, and a desire to promote and grow the program.
- Acts as a brand ambassador by communicating and demonstrating the value and benefits of our services.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses The Following Skills and Expertise
- 3+ years of coaching experience
- Have experience in Junior Development (Tennis)
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Demonstrate in an enthusiastic, pleasant, and energetic manner
- Enjoy talking about and promoting tennis
- Has the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely and in a timely manner
- Must be able to work weekends
- USTA/USPTA/USPTR Certification
- Ability to coach 8U, 10U, 12-14U, JTT
- Private, Semi Private and small group teaching experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
- Must be familiar with the use of email and cell phone use, including texting and apps.
- CPR/AED and First aid certification.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to [email protected] Deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2023.